- We provide visitors with an excellent standard of service and in return we ask that visitors show respect to members of staff and to other visitors.
- Antisocial behaviour is unacceptable.
- In the interest of security, it may be necessary to conduct bag searches. Visitors are asked to present any bags to Gallery staff for inspection on request.
- Please deposit bags, rucksacks and large umbrellas in the cloakroom.
- Bags larger than 45 x30x 45cm (18x12x18in) are not permitted.
- All items deposited in the cloakroom must be collected before leaving the Gallery.
- Articles deposited in the cloakroom are left at the owner’s risk, and neither the Trustees nor members of staff of the Gallery accept responsibility for loss or damage to them, however caused.
- Animals, with the exception of guide dogs and assistance dogs, are not admitted into the Gallery.
- To ensure visitors enjoy their visit please do not use mobile phones in exhibition and gallery spaces unless as part of a downloadable tour.
- Please do not consume food or drink in the galleries. Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the building.
- To protect the Collection please do not touch works on display, including any frames, glass or labels.
- The Gallery reserves the right to refuse entry.
Photography in the main galleries is allowed for personal, non-commercial purposes only. It is the visitor’s responsibility to ensure no copyright is infringed.
- Tripods, monopods and flash lighting are prohibited at all times.
- Photography is not permitted in temporary exhibitions or displays with loans.
- Please do not take photographs of staff or other visitors without prior permission.
- Please show consideration for the privacy and experience of other visitors when taking photographs.
Exceptions to this policy may be in place due to copyright restrictions or for reasons of security, conservation or in the interests of the overall visitor experience.
Much of the Gallery’s Collection is reproduced as postcards or prints, available from the Gallery Shop and online at www.npg.org.uk/shop.