Using our images in books, magazines or newspapers
020 7312 2473/4/5/6
fax: 20 7312 2464
St Martin's Place
London WC2H 0HE
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com to let us know the following things:
- Which images would you like to use (e.g. William Shakespeare NPG 1)?
- What is the title of the publication?
- Who is the author of the publication?
- Who is the publisher?
- What language(s) is the publication to be printed in?
- What countries is it to be distributed in?
- What is the print run?
- Are the images inside or on the cover of the publication?
- If the images are to be used on the cover, will they appear on the front, back or spine of the publication?
- If the images are to be used inside the publication, are they to be printed at 1/4 page, 1/2 page, full page, or Double Page Spread?
- If you are proposing to publish the same material in another form, such as e-book or online, what are the details (including web address)?
Please don't forget to let us know about your deadline and tell us your postal address!
- We will then reply, to let you know if permission is available.
- We will also let you know how much it is going to cost.
- If you confirm you order in writing and provide full payment, we will fulfil your order as quickly as possible and supply the images with a license to use them in your project.
- The specific terms of the licence are set out in the invoice (you'll need to get further permission if you want to use the images in any other way) while the general terms are spelt out carefully in our terms & conditions.
If you would like more information or would prefer to fill in a more detailed application form, please let us know and we will despatch these documents to you.