Using our images on websites
Do the right thing!
You need permission to use our images on your website.
Here's how to apply (it's easy):
- Tell us which images you would like to use (e.g. NPG 1, William Shakespeare).
- Tell us how you would like to feature the image, and how long for.
- Tell is whether your website is personal, academic, commercial or corporate.
- Provide us with the URL and your postal address.
- Let us know who is sponsoring the site (i.e. who pays the bills!).
Why not send your application now, by e-mail to email@example.com.
- We will then reply, to let you know if permission is available.
- We will also let you know how much it is going to cost.
- If you confirm you order in writing and provide full payment, we will fulfil your order as quickly as possible and supply the images with a licence to use them in your project.
- The specific terms of the licence are set out in the invoice (you'll need to get further permission if you want to use the images in any other way) while the general terms are spelt out carefully in our terms & conditions.
For a guide to our rates, or if you would like more details before applying, download our standard pdf website information pack comprising
- an introduction
- an application form
- a table of current rates
- our full terms & conditions