Slight observations made in
the House of Lords for my picture of the Queens tryal.
1. Very few sparkling touches
of light on the embroidery of the throne.
2. Bishops wigs are darker than the councellors, cravats much
whiter than wigs.
3. The light ascending from either side, casts strong and broad
shadows on either opposite side, in the right hand corner of
the right Gallery the heads are with broad shadows, and sharp
lights from the opposite side and shadows from the rail broad
4. The heads on the right under the Gallery in full light from
the opposite side but shadows soft.
5. The red of the benches in the galleries not bright from being
nearly perpendicularly under the window.
6. Great general difference in the tones of the red all through
the furniture of the House.