Grayson Perry(1960-), Artist
Sitter in 3 portraits
Artist of 1 portrait
Born in Chelmsford, Essex, Perry studied fine ar at Portsmouth College of Art (1979-82) undertook pottery classes at the Central Institute from 1983. He was included in Young Contemporaries at the ICA in 1981, exhibited Guerrilla Tactics at the Barbican (2002), won the 2003 Turner Prize and was awarded an OBE in 2013. His practice primarily involves working with ceramics, but has extended to include textiles and printmaking, through which he challenges traditional notions concerning the artist's status versus that of the artisan. His work explores a variety of contemporary and historical themes, offering a direct commentary on societal injustices and hypocrisies.
Watch a film clip on the artist from the BBC Archive in the Media section below
Related shop items
- Grayson Perry 'I am a Man' Necklace
- Grayson Perry 'Comfort Blanket' Blanket
- Grayson Perry 'Comfort Blanket' Wallet
- Grayson Perry 'A Map of Days' Plate No.1
- Grayson Perry 'A Map of Days' Plate No.2
- Grayson Perry 'A Map of Days' Plate No.3
- Grayson Perry 'A Map of Days' Plate No.4
- Grayson Perry 'Map of Days' Scarf
- Grayson Perry 'The Ashford Hijab'
- Grayson Perry 'The Earl of Essex' Miniature