1 portrait of Clement Attlee
by George Harcourt
oil on canvas, 1946
31 1/4 in. x 24 3/4 in. (794 mm x 629 mm)
Bequeathed by Edric William Hoyer Millar, 1967
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Clement Richard Attlee, 1st Earl Attlee (1883-1967), Prime Minister. Sitter in 47 portraits.
Artistback to top
- George Harcourt (1868-1947), Portrait and figure painter. Artist of 3 portraits, Sitter in 2 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Bayly, Christopher, The Raj: India and the British 1600-1947, 1990 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 19 October 1990 - 17 March 1991), p. 413
- Cooper, John, Great Britons: The Great Debate, 2002, p. 131
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 22