by Sir George Hayter
pen and ink and wash, October 1820
2 1/2 in. x 8 in. (64 mm x 203 mm)
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- Charles Powlett Townshend, 2nd Baron Bayning (1785-1823). Sitter in 2 portraits.
- William Basil Percy Feilding, 7th Earl of Denbigh (1796-1865), Peer and royal courtier. Sitter in 3 portraits.
- Thomas Reynolds Moreton, 1st Earl of Ducie (1776-1840). Sitter in 2 portraits.
- George Child-Villiers, 5th Earl of Jersey (1773-1859), Master of the Horse to Queen Victoria. Sitter in 7 portraits.
- Hugh Percy, 3rd Duke of Northumberland (1785-1847), Lord-Lieutenant of Ireland. Sitter in 12 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Sir George Hayter (1792-1871), Portrait and history painter; son of Charles Hayter. Artist associated with 198 portraits, Sitter associated with 16 portraits.
This portraitback to top
A sketch showing figures leaning over the right-hand gallery. The galleries were specially set up for the occasion by Sir John Soane.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Walker, Richard, Regency Portraits, 1985, p. 622
Linked displays and exhibitionsback to top
- The House of Lords and the House of Commons (1 July 2000 - 1 January 2001)