3 of 6 portraits of John Constable
by Daniel Maclise
pencil, circa 1831
5 7/8 in. x 4 1/2 in. (149 mm x 114 mm)
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- John Constable (1776-1837), Landscape painter. Sitter in 6 portraits, Artist associated with 6 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Daniel Maclise (1806-1870), History and portrait painter. Artist associated with 107 portraits, Sitter associated with 17 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Gayford, Martin; Lyles, Anne, Constable Portraits: The Painter and his Circle, 2009 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 5 March to 14 June 2009), p. 155
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 141
- Walker, Richard, Regency Portraits, 1985, p. 128