1 of 17 portraits of Walter Crane
- Extended Catalogue Entry
by George Frederic Watts
oil on canvas, 1891
26 1/8 in. x 22 in. (663 mm x 560 mm)
Given by wish of George Frederic Watts, 1915
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Walter Crane (1845-1915), Illustrator, designer, painter and socialist. Sitter in 17 portraits.
Artistback to top
- George Frederic Watts (1817-1904), Painter and sculptor. Artist associated with 85 portraits, Sitter in 43 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- MacCarthy, Fiona, Anarchy & Beauty: William Morris and His Legacy 1860-1960, 2014 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 16 October 2014 - 11 January 2015), p. 47
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 151
Linked displays and exhibitionsback to top
- Anarchy and Beauty: William Morris (16 October 2014 - 11 January 2015)