4 of 222 portraits of Oliver Cromwell
after Thomas Simon
electrotype of medal, 1885 (1650)
1 1/4 in. x 1 1/8 in. (32 mm x 29 mm) oval
Given by Herbert Appold Grueber, 1885
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Oliver Cromwell (1599-1658), Lord Protector of England. Sitter associated with 222 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Thomas Simon (1618-1665). Artist associated with 24 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Piper, David, Catalogue of Seventeenth Century Portraits in the National Portrait Gallery, 1625-1714, 1963, p. 97
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 155
Exhibitions and displays
- Hidden: An unseen portrait of Oliver Cromwell
Until 19 October