7 of 222 portraits of Oliver Cromwell
after a medal by Thomas Simon
electrotype of medal, 1908 (circa 1651)
1 3/8 in. (35 mm) diameter
Given by M.W. Fawcus, 1908
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Oliver Cromwell (1599-1658), Lord Protector of England. Sitter associated with 222 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Thomas Simon (1618-1665). Artist associated with 24 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Cooper, John, Oliver the First: Contemporary Images of Oliver Cromwell, 1999, p. 13
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 155
Exhibitions and displays
- Hidden: An unseen portrait of Oliver Cromwell
Until 19 October