12 of 221 portraits of Oliver Cromwell
after Samuel Cooper
oil on canvas, feigned oval, (1656)
29 3/4 in. x 24 3/4 in. (756 mm x 629 mm)
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Oliver Cromwell (1599-1658), Lord Protector of England. Sitter associated with 221 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Samuel Cooper (1609-1672), Miniature painter. Artist associated with 107 portraits, Sitter in 4 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Piper, David, Catalogue of Seventeenth Century Portraits in the National Portrait Gallery, 1625-1714, 1963, p. 93
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 155
Exhibitions and displays
- Hidden: An unseen portrait of Oliver Cromwell
Until 19 October 2015