20 of 222 portraits of Oliver Cromwell
after a bust by Edward Pearce
terracotta bust, 19th century?
16 1/2 in. (419 mm) high
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Oliver Cromwell (1599-1658), Lord Protector of England. Sitter associated with 222 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Edward Pearce (circa 1635-1695), Sculptor. Artist associated with 7 portraits, Sitter in 2 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Piper, David, Catalogue of Seventeenth Century Portraits in the National Portrait Gallery, 1625-1714, 1963, p. 96
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 156
Exhibitions and displays
- Hidden: An unseen portrait of Oliver Cromwell
Until 19 October 2015