2 of 32 portraits of Charles Darwin
by Julia Margaret Cameron
albumen print, 1868
13 in. x 10 1/8 in. (330 mm x 256 mm)
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Charles Robert Darwin (1809-1882), Naturalist, geologist and originator of the theory of evolution. Sitter in 32 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Julia Margaret Cameron (1815-1879), Pioneer photographer. Artist associated with 113 portraits, Sitter in 8 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Cooper, John, Great Britons: The Great Debate, 2002, p. 123
- Hart-Davis, Adam, Chain Reactions, 2000, p. 121
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 165
- Spalding, Frances, Virginia Woolf: Art, Life and Vision, 2014 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 10 July 2014 - 26 October 2014), p. 53
- Truss, Lynne, Character Sketches: Tennyson and His Circle, 1999, p. 30