by Unknown artist
oil on canvas, circa 1760-1765
29 3/4 in. x 25 in. (756 mm x 635 mm)
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Robert Dinwiddie (1693-1770), Lieutenant-Governor of Virginia. Sitter in 1 portrait.
This portraitback to top
The identification is traditional and strongly supported by comparison with a miniature of about the same date. More detailed information on this portrait is available in a National Portrait Gallery collection catalogue, John Kerslake's Early Georgian Portraits (1977, out of print).
Linked publicationsback to top
- Kerslake, John, Early Georgian Portraits, 1977, p. 69
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 180
Exhibitions and displays
- The Tudors Reimagined: George Perfect Harding
Until 14 February
- Portrait of the Day: King Richard III
28 February, 12:30