1 of 9 portraits of Davies Gilbert
by William Brockedon
13 3/4 in. x 9 7/8 in. (349 mm x 251 mm)
Transferred from National Gallery, 1994
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Davies Gilbert (1767-1839), Scientist and antiquary; President of the Royal Society. Sitter in 9 portraits.
Artistback to top
- William Brockedon (1787-1854), Painter, writer and inventor. Artist associated with 112 portraits, Sitter in 2 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 246
- Walker, Richard, Regency Portraits, 1985, p. 214
Exhibitions and displays
- Facing Blindness: Visual Impairment in the Nineteenth Century
Until 13 July 2014