by Sir George Hayter
pencil and wash, 1811
9 1/4 in. x 6 1/2 in. (235 mm x 165 mm)
Given by Iolo Aneurin Williams, 1933
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Charles Hayter (1761-1835), Miniature painter. Sitter in 2 portraits, Artist associated with 5 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Sir George Hayter (1792-1871), Portrait and history painter; son of Charles Hayter. Artist associated with 198 portraits, Sitter associated with 16 portraits.
This portraitback to top
George Hayter was nineteen when he made this drawing of his father.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 291
- Walker, Richard, Regency Portraits, 1985, p. 242
Linked displays and exhibitionsback to top
- The House of Lords and the House of Commons (1 July 2000 - 1 January 2001)