1 portrait on display in Room 2: miniature case at the National Portrait Gallery
by Nathaniel Hone
enamel on copper, circa 1760-1770
1 1/4 in. x 1 1/8 in. (32 mm x 28 mm) oval
Bequeathed by H.V. Metcalfe, 1920
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Nathaniel Hone (1718-1784), Portrait and miniature painter. Sitter in 9 portraits, Artist associated with 56 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Nathaniel Hone (1718-1784), Portrait and miniature painter. Artist associated with 56 portraits, Sitter in 9 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Ingamells, John, National Portrait Gallery: Mid-Georgian Portraits 1760-1790, 2004, p. 261
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 311
- Walker, Richard, Miniatures: 300 Years of the English Miniature, 1998, p. 15