1 portrait of Rudyard Kipling
by William Strang
pencil, circa 1898
12 1/2 in. x 8 3/4 in. (318 mm x 222 mm)
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- (Joseph) Rudyard Kipling (1865-1936), Writer and poet. Sitter associated with 39 portraits.
Artistback to top
- William Strang (1859-1921), Painter and etcher. Artist associated with 65 portraits, Sitter in 11 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Funnell, Peter (introduction); Marsh, Jan, A Guide to Victorian and Edwardian Portraits, 2011, p. 45
- Rogers, Malcolm, Master Drawings from the National Portrait Gallery, 1993 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 5 August to 23 October 1994), p. 141
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 355