by Christopher Wood
oil on canvas, 1926
36 in. x 22 in. (914 mm x 559 mm)
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Constant Lambert (1905-1951), Composer, conductor and critic. Sitter in 30 portraits.
This portraitback to top
Wood's portrait was painted in Paris where Lambert was working on the ballet Romeo and Juliet, commissioned by Diaghilev, for which Wood had been recommended as designer by Picasso.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Audio Guide
- Bakewell, Michael, Character Sketches: Fitzrovia: London's Bohemia, 1999, p. 32
- Clerk, Honor, The Sitwells, 1994 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 14 October - 22 January 1995), p. 97
- Ribeiro, Aileen, The Gallery of Fashion, 2000, p. 218
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 361