1 portrait on display in Room 24 at the National Portrait Gallery
by Edward Matthew Ward
oil on panel, 1846
18 in. x 13 7/8 in. (457 mm x 352 mm)
Given by Sir George Scharf, 1880
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Daniel Maclise (1806-1870), History and portrait painter. Sitter associated with 17 portraits, Artist associated with 107 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Edward Matthew Ward (1816-1879), History painter. Artist associated with 10 portraits, Sitter in 16 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Cullen, Fintan; Foster, Roy, 'Conquering England': Ireland in Victorian England, 2005 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 9 March - 19 June 2005), p. 67
- Ormond, Richard, Early Victorian Portraits, 1973, p. 294
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 404