- Extended Catalogue Entry
by Jerry Barrett
pencil, pen and ink and watercolour, 1856
6 7/8 in. x 5 in. (174 mm x 128 mm) overall
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Florence Nightingale (1820-1910), Reformer of hospital nursing and of the Army Medical Services. Sitter associated with 36 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Jerry Barrett (1824-1906), Painter. Artist associated with 9 portraits, Sitter in 4 portraits.
Related worksback to top
- NPG 6202: The Mission of Mercy: Florence Nightingale receiving the Wounded at Scutari (finished work)
Linked publicationsback to top
- Ormond, Richard, Early Victorian Portraits, 1973, p. 34
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 460
Linked displays and exhibitionsback to top
- Florence Nightingale 1820 - 1910 (17 May 2010 - 12 December 2010)