by Sir George Hayter
oil on millboard, 1834
14 in. x 12 in. (356 mm x 305 mm)
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Daniel O'Connell (1775-1847), Irish politician; MP for several constituencies. Sitter associated with 203 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Sir George Hayter (1792-1871), Portrait and history painter; son of Charles Hayter. Artist associated with 198 portraits, Sitter associated with 16 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Cullen, Fintan, The Irish Face: Redefining the Irish Portrait, 2004, p. 189
- Cullen, Fintan; Foster, Roy, 'Conquering England': Ireland in Victorian England, 2005 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 9 March - 19 June 2005), p. 41
- Holmes, Richard; Crane, David; Woof, Robert; Hebron, Stephen, Romantics and Revolutionaries: Regency portraits from the National Portrait Gallery, 2002, p. 135
- Ormond, Richard, Early Victorian Portraits, 1973, p. 346
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 466