1 portrait on display in Room 18 at the National Portrait Gallery
by George Richmond
watercolour and bodycolour on ivory, 1829
3 1/4 in. x 2 3/4 in. (83 mm x 70 mm)
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistback to top
- George Richmond (1809-1896), Portrait painter and draughtsman; son of Thomas Richmond. Artist associated with 326 portraits, Sitter in 14 portraits.
This portraitback to top
This image by Palmer's friend, the visionary artist George Richmond, depicts Palmer as idealised and Christ-like.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Holmes, Richard; Crane, David; Woof, Robert; Hebron, Stephen, Romantics and Revolutionaries: Regency portraits from the National Portrait Gallery, 2002, p. 77
- Ormond, Richard, Early Victorian Portraits, 1973, p. 356
- Rogers, Malcolm, Master Drawings from the National Portrait Gallery, 1993 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 5 August to 23 October 1994), p. 101
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 477
- Various contributors, National Portrait Gallery: A Portrait of Britain, 2014, p. 75
- Walker, Richard, Miniatures: 300 Years of the English Miniature, 1998, p. 109