by William Brockedon
chalk and pencil, 1834
14 in. x 10 1/2 in. (356 mm x 267 mm)
Transferred from National Gallery, 1994
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Thomas Phillips (1770-1845), Portrait painter. Sitter in 4 portraits, Artist associated with 215 portraits.
Artistback to top
- William Brockedon (1787-1854), Painter, writer and inventor. Artist associated with 112 portraits, Sitter in 2 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 493
- Walker, Richard, Regency Portraits, 1985, p. 389
Exhibitions and displays
- Facing Blindness: Visual Impairment in the Nineteenth Century
Until 13 July 2014