1 portrait on display in Room 20 at the National Portrait Gallery
by Sir Francis Leggatt Chantrey
marble bust, 1818
30 1/2 in. (775 mm) high
Given by the sitter's grandson, John Keith Rennie, 1881
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistback to top
- Sir Francis Leggatt Chantrey (1781-1841), Sculptor. Artist associated with 266 portraits, Sitter in 11 portraits.
This portraitback to top
Commissioned by Rennie himself, possibly to mark the completion of Waterloo Bridge.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Curtis, Penelope; Funnell, Peter; Kalinsky, Nicola, Return to Life: A New Look at the Portrait Bust, 2000 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 7 February to 30 May 2001), p. 5
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 517
- Walker, Richard, Regency Portraits, 1985, p. 410
Linked displays and exhibitionsback to top
- Return to Life: A New Look at the Portrait Bust (7 February 2001 - 20 May 2001)