by Jonathan Richardson
pen and pencil, 1736
6 3/8 in. x 4 1/2 in. (162 mm x 114 mm)
Given by Marion Harry Spielmann, 1939
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Jonathan Richardson (1665-1745), Portrait painter. Sitter in 8 portraits, Artist associated with 121 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Jonathan Richardson (1665-1745), Portrait painter. Artist associated with 121 portraits, Sitter in 8 portraits.
This portraitback to top
One of many self-portrait drawings made by the artist after his retirement from the business of portrait painting. More detailed information on this portrait is available in a National Portrait Gallery collection catalogue, John Kerslake's Early Georgian Portraits (1977, out of print).
Linked publicationsback to top
- Kerslake, John, Early Georgian Portraits, 1977, p. 229
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 521
- Simon Schama, The Face of Britain: The Nation Through it's Portraits, 2015-09-15, p. 368