3 of 23 portraits of Samuel Rogers
by Sir Thomas Lawrence
chalk, circa 1825
29 1/4 in. x 24 3/8 in. (743 mm x 619 mm)
Given by the sitter's nephew, Henry Rogers, 1875
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Samuel Rogers (1763-1855), Poet, banker and art connoisseur. Sitter in 23 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Sir Thomas Lawrence (1769-1830), Portrait painter, collector and President of the Royal Academy. Artist associated with 683 portraits, Sitter in 25 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 530
- Walker, Richard, Regency Portraits, 1985, p. 419
Exhibitions and displays
- Exhibition Tour: Wellington: Triumphs, Politics and Passions
30 April, 19:30