2 of 72 portraits of John Ruskin
- Extended Catalogue Entry
by George Richmond
black and white chalk, circa 1857
16 3/4 in. x 14 in. (425 mm x 356 mm)
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- John Ruskin (1819-1900), Writer, artist and social reformer. Sitter in 72 portraits.
Artistback to top
- George Richmond (1809-1896), Portrait painter and draughtsman; son of Thomas Richmond. Artist associated with 326 portraits, Sitter in 14 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Foister, Susan, Cardinal Newman 1801-90, 1990 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 2 March - 20 May 1990), p. 27
- Rogers, Malcolm, Master Drawings from the National Portrait Gallery, 1993 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 5 August to 23 October 1994), p. 130
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 538