2 of 3 portraits of Joseph Severn
by John Partridge
9 3/8 in. x 7 1/4 in. (240 mm x 185 mm)
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Joseph Severn (1793-1879), Painter; friend of John Keats. Sitter associated with 3 portraits, Artist associated with 14 portraits.
Artistback to top
- John Partridge (1789-1872), Portrait painter. Artist associated with 42 portraits, Sitter in 3 portraits.
This portraitback to top
In this rather theatrical portrait, Severn is shown wide-eyed and wrapped in a cloak.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Ormond, Richard, Early Victorian Portraits, 1973, p. 415
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 556
Linked displays and exhibitionsback to top
- British Artists in Rome: The John Partridge Sketchbook, 1823 - 27 (21 August 2010 - 27 March 2011)