1 of 6 portraits of Joseph Strutt
by Ozias Humphry
19 1/2 in. x 17 in. (495 mm x 432 mm)
Given by the sitter's grandson, H.I. Strutt, 1871
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Joseph Strutt (1749-1802), Engraver and antiquary. Sitter in 6 portraits, Artist associated with 6 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Ozias Humphry (1742-1810), Painter. Artist associated with 43 portraits, Sitter in 7 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Huntington-Whiteley, James, The Book of British Sporting Heroes, 1998 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 16 October 1998 to 24 January 1999), p. 213
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 596
- Walker, Richard, Regency Portraits, 1985, p. 486