7 of 146 portraits of Dame Ellen Alice Terry
by Walford Graham Robertson
oil on canvas, 1922
47 in. x 29 in. (1194 mm x 737 mm)
Given by Walford Graham Robertson, 1943
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistback to top
- Walford Graham Robertson (1866-1948), Painter, illustrator, costume designer and playwright. Artist of 2 portraits, Sitter in 3 portraits.
This portraitback to top
Actress; won fame as a child; first appeared on stage, 1856; married G.F. Watts, 1864, but separated the following year; performed her most memorable roles under the management of Henry Irving, 1878-1902; in later life continued to act but also produced plays, lectured and wrote.
Standing in an unidentified landscape.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 609
Related shop items
- Lilian Gish, Broken Blossoms, 1919 by James Abbe (1883-1973) print
- A Guide to the National Portrait Gallery (paperback)
- A Guide to Victorian & Edwardian Portraits (paperback)
- George Frederic Watts DVD
- Dame Ellen Terry by George Frederic Watts greetings card
- Dame Ellen Terry compact mirror
- Dame Ellen Terry coin purse
- Dame Ellen Terry magnetic frame
- Dame (Alice) Ellen Terry ('Choosing') by George Frederick Watts mini print