6 of 495 portraits of Queen Victoria
by Sir David Wilkie
pen and ink and watercolour, circa 1840
9 1/8 in. x 6 in. (232 mm x 152 mm)
Given by Lord Ronald Charles Sutherland-Leveson-Gower, 1901
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Queen Victoria (1819-1901), Reigned 1837-1901. Sitter associated with 495 portraits, Artist associated with 5 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Sir David Wilkie (1785-1841), Painter. Artist associated with 15 portraits, Sitter in 21 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Ormond, Richard, Early Victorian Portraits, 1973, p. 476
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 634
- Portrait of the Day: Queen Victoria
28 August, 12:00