by John Partridge
9 1/2 in. x 7 1/4 in. (241 mm x 184 mm)
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Richard Westmacott (1799-1872), Sculptor; son of Sir Richard Westmacott. Sitter in 3 portraits, Artist associated with 13 portraits.
Artistback to top
- John Partridge (1789-1872), Portrait painter. Artist associated with 41 portraits, Sitter in 3 portraits.
This portraitback to top
Shown here holding his modeling tool, Partridge has captured the boyish good-looks of one of the leading sculptors among the British artists in Rome during the 1820s.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Ormond, Richard, Early Victorian Portraits, 1973, p. 501
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 655
Linked displays and exhibitionsback to top
- British Artists in Rome: The John Partridge Sketchbook, 1823 - 27 (21 August 2010 - 27 March 2011)