6 of 60 portraits of Thomas Hardy
© 2017 E.O. Hoppé Estate Collection / Curatorial Assistance Inc.
by Emil Otto ('E.O.') Hoppé
hand-pulled photogravure, 1914
11 1/8 in. x 8 in. (282 mm x 203 mm)
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistback to top
- Emil Otto ('E.O.') Hoppé (1878-1972), Photographer and writer. Artist associated with 184 portraits, Sitter in 2 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Crane, David; Judd, Alan, First World War Poets, 2014, p. 14
- Judd, Alan; Crane, David, Character Sketches: First World War Poets, 1997, p. 12
- Prodger, Philip (appreciation) Pepper, Terence (appreciation), Hoppé Portraits: Society, Studio and Street, 2011 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 17 February to 30 May 2011), p. 93
- Rogers, Malcolm, Camera Portraits, 1989 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 20 October 1989 - 21 January 1990), p. 175
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 281