by Anna Katrina Zinkeisen
oil on canvas, circa 1944
29 5/8 in. x 24 5/8 in. (752 mm x 625 mm)
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Anna Katrina Zinkeisen (1901-1976), Painter. Sitter in 10 portraits, Artist of 2 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Anna Katrina Zinkeisen (1901-1976), Painter. Artist of 2 portraits, Sitter in 10 portraits.
This portraitback to top
This self-portrait was probably painted in a disused operating theatre at St Mary's Hospital, Paddington where Zinkeisen worked during the Second World War.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Ribeiro, Aileen, The Gallery of Fashion, 2000, p. 227
- Rideal, Liz, Mirror Mirror: Self-portraits by Women Artists, 2001 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 12 September 2001 to 20 January 2002), p. 85
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 685
Linked displays and exhibitionsback to top
- Mirror Mirror: Self-portraits by women artists (12 September 2001 - 20 January 2002)
See this portrait
On display in Room 31 at the National Portrait Gallery