by Arnold Newman
polaroid colour print, 1978
9 1/2 in. x 7 1/2 in. (241 mm x 191 mm)
Given by The Sunday Times, 1980
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- David Hockney (1937-), Artist. Sitter associated with 40 portraits, Artist associated with 12 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Arnold Newman (1918-2006), Photographer. Artist of 61 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
This portraitback to top
Taken in Hockney's fifth floor studio, Bayswater, London.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Perry, George, The Great British: Photographs by Arnold Newman, 1979 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 30 November 1979 - 11 May 1980), p. 103
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 306
Exhibitions and displays
- Francis Goodman: Back in Focus
Until 3 November