3 of 25 portraits of Francis Aungier Pakenham, 7th Earl of Longford
by Arnold Newman
bromide print, 1978
8 3/4 in. x 15 3/8 in. (223 mm x 391 mm)
Given by The Sunday Times, 1980
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- André (Andre) Deutsch (1917-2000), Publisher. Sitter in 3 portraits.
- Paul Bertrand Hamlyn, Baron Hamlyn (1926-2001), Publisher. Sitter in 3 portraits.
- Francis Aungier Pakenham, 7th Earl of Longford (1905-2001), Statesman, businessman and writer. Sitter in 25 portraits.
- Charles Samuel Pick (1917-2000), Publisher. Sitter in 2 portraits.
- Arthur George Weidenfeld, Baron Weidenfeld (1919-), Publisher; Former trustee of the National Portrait Gallery. Sitter associated with 9 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Arnold Newman (1918-2006), Photographer. Artist of 61 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Perry, George, The Great British: Photographs by Arnold Newman, 1979 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 30 November 1979 - 11 May 1980), p. 107
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 735