1 of 28 portraits of Winifred Radford
by Meredith Frampton
oil on canvas, 1921
35 1/8 x 29 3/8 in. (892 x 746 mm)
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Winifred Radford (1901-1993), Singer and teacher of singing. Sitter in 28 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Meredith Frampton (1894-1984), Painter. Artist of 4 portraits, Sitter in 6 portraits.
This portraitback to top
The portrait was commissioned by her husband, Captain Douglas Illingworth, a friend of Frampton, and painted while she was still a student at the Royal College of Music.
Related worksback to top
Linked publicationsback to top
- Gibson, Robin, Painting The Century: 101 Portrait Masterpieces 1900-2000, 2000 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 26 October 2000 to 4 February 2001), p. 97
- Ribeiro, Aileen, The Gallery of Fashion, 2000, p. 214
- Ribeiro, Aileen; Blackman, Cally, A Portrait of Fashion: Six Centuries of Dress at the National Portrait Gallery, 2015, p. 221
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 510