12 of 30 portraits of Anthony Asquith
by Lady Ottoline Morrell
vintage snapshot print, June 1926
2 3/8 in. x 4 3/8 in. (60 mm x 111 mm) image size
Purchased with help from the Friends of the National Libraries and the Dame Helen Gardner Bequest, 2003
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- Anthony Asquith (1902-1968), Film director; youngest son of Herbert Henry Asquith, 1st Earl of Oxford and Asquith. Sitter associated with 30 portraits.
- Alexandra Imogen Clair Gage (née Grenfell), Viscountess Gage (1905-1969), Daughter of 1st Baron Desborough; wife of 6th Viscount Gage. Sitter in 2 portraits.
- Hon. Ivo George Winfred Grenfell (1898-1926), Son of 1st Baron Desborough; Lieutenant Reserve of Officers. Sitter in 2 portraits.
- Teresa ('Baby') Jungman (Mrs Cuthbertson) (1908-2010), Society hostess. Sitter in 6 portraits.
- Hon. Clarissa ('Clare') Tennant (Tennyson, later Beck) (1896-1960), Former wife of Adrian Bethell and of 3rd Baron Tennyson, and later wife of James Montgomery Beck; daughter of 1st Baron Glenconner. Sitter in 2 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Lady Ottoline Morrell (1873-1938), Patron of the arts; half-sister of 6th Duke of Portland; wife of Philip Edward Morrell. Artist associated with 1700 portraits, Sitter associated with 595 portraits.
Placesback to top
- Place made and portrayed: United Kingdom: England, Oxfordshire (Garsington Manor, Oxfordshire)