by Ida Kar
vintage bromide print, 1960
9 3/4 in. x 9 3/4 in. (247 mm x 248 mm)
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistback to top
- Ida Kar (1908-1974), Photographer. Artist associated with 1508 portraits, Sitter in 137 portraits.
This portraitback to top
Romanian-born Ionesco is seen at his writing desk; on the right hangs a poster for his play, Victims of Duty (1953), and on the left are copies of The Possessed by Dostoevsky. At the time of the opening of Kar's Whitechapel exhibition, Ionesco's Rhinocéros (1959) was being staged at the Royal Court Theatre, directed by Orson Welles.
- Weekend Workshop: The Quest for Reality: Giacometti & Uglow
From 14 November, 11:00
- Sunday Session: Abandoning the Real
1 November, 13:00
- Lecture: Giacometti: Pure Presence
12 November, 19:00
- Lecture: Inside Giacometti’s Studio
22 October, 19:00