by Stuart Pearson Wright
20 1/2 in. x 14 7/8 in. (520 mm x 378 mm)
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistback to top
- Stuart Pearson Wright (1975-), Artist. Artist of 31 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
Linked displays and exhibitionsback to top
- Most people are other people (27 January 2006 - 11 June 2006)
Events of 2005back to top
Current affairsLondon suffers its worst bomb attack since the Second World War when four devises are detonated during rush hour on public transport. Three of the bombs went off on tube trains, and one on a bus killing 56 people and injuring 700. A Leeds-based terror cell of British born or raised Islamic extremists committed the attacks.John Sentamu becomes the first black Archbishop of the Church of England.
Art and scienceAs part of the international Make Poverty History campaign, ten Live 8 concerts are held simultaneously around the world to coincide with the meeting of the G8 and persuade the world's richest countries to 'drop the debt' owed by the world's poorest countries, increase aid to the world's poorest people and negotiate fairer international trade rules.
International1,836 die in America as a result of Hurricane Katrina and the subsequent flooding. The hurricane was the most costly in US history and one of the most deadly. It caused the levees of Lake Pontchartrain to break, which flooded 80% of New Orleans. About one million people evacuated the city while 25,000 stayed behind, many taking refuge in the city's Superdome.
Buy a print
Related shop items
- Home on the Range Mounted Print
- Rose Marie Mounted Print
- Teardrops in my Heart Mounted Print
- Teardrops Can Never Drown the Flame Mounted Print
- Thank you for the Music Mounted Print
- Together in Electric Dreams Mounted Print
- Woman Surprised by Werewolf Mounted Print
- Alas Poor Yorick Mounted Print
- The British Face DVD