by Ida Kar
2 1/4 inch square film negative, circa 1961
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Terry Taylor (1933-), Writer; actor; artist and photographer and assistant to Ida Kar. Sitter in 64 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Ida Kar (1908-1974), Photographer. Artist associated with 1508 portraits, Sitter in 137 portraits.
This portraitback to top
This photograph was reproduced as the frontispiece for Taylor's novel Barons Court, All Change (1961). Taylor stated that: 'Anyone who was familiar with Ida's work saw that she was not just a photographer, but an artist...'
- Weekend Workshop: The Quest for Reality: Giacometti & Uglow
From 14 November, 11:00
- Sunday Session: Abandoning the Real
1 November, 13:00
- Lecture: Giacometti: Pure Presence
12 November, 19:00
- Lecture: Inside Giacometti’s Studio
22 October, 19:00