by Ida Kar
2 1/4 inch square film negative, 1957
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistback to top
- Ida Kar (1908-1974), Photographer. Artist associated with 1514 portraits, Sitter in 137 portraits.
This portraitback to top
MacInnes first visited Gallery One as an art critic before renting a room in the D'Arblay Street building (1956-8), where Kar photographed him. MacInnes became a great friend of Victor Musgrave and Ida Kar and wrote in the foreword of the Whitechapel catalogue that 'an Ida Kar portrait is at once identifiable by its purity and distinction'.
- Weekend Workshop: The Quest for Reality: Giacometti & Uglow
From 14 November, 11:00
- Sunday Session: Abandoning the Real
1 November, 13:00
- Lecture: Giacometti: Pure Presence
12 November, 19:00
- Lecture: Inside Giacometti’s Studio
22 October, 19:00