9 of 11 portraits of Edward Jenner
by James Henry Lynch, printed by Kell Brothers, published by Charles Heald Thomas, after Sir Thomas Lawrence
lithograph, circa 1827 (circa 1809)
20 1/2 in. x 14 3/4 in. (522 mm x 374 mm) paper size
acquired Unknown source, 1959
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- Kell Brothers (active mid-late 19th century), Lithographic printers. Artist associated with 1 portrait.
- Sir Thomas Lawrence (1769-1830), Portrait painter, collector and President of the Royal Academy. Artist associated with 683 portraits, Sitter in 25 portraits.
- James Henry Lynch (died 1868), Lithographer and painter. Artist associated with 43 portraits.
- Charles Heald Thomas (active mid 19th century), Bookseller and publisher. Artist associated with 1 portrait.
- Portrait of the Day: Princess Caroline and the trial of the century
28 October, 12:00