by Doris Clare Zinkeisen
oil on canvas, exhibited 1929
42 1/4 in. x 34 1/8 in. (1072 mm x 866 mm)
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Doris Clare Zinkeisen (1897-1991), Painter, stage-set and costume designer, writer and equestrian champion. Sitter in 19 portraits, Artist of 2 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Doris Clare Zinkeisen (1897-1991), Painter, stage-set and costume designer, writer and equestrian champion. Artist of 2 portraits, Sitter in 19 portraits.
This portraitback to top
The self-portrait was made while the artist was on a world tour, and was mostly painted in her hotel bedroom in Sydney.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Ribeiro, Aileen, The Gallery of Fashion, 2000, p. 228
- Ribeiro, Aileen; Blackman, Cally, A Portrait of Fashion: Six Centuries of Dress at the National Portrait Gallery, 2015, p. 228
- Rideal, Liz, Mirror Mirror: Self-portraits by Women Artists, 2001 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 12 September 2001 to 20 January 2002), p. 67
- Rideal, Liz, Insights: Self-portraits, 2005, p. 41
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 685
Linked displays and exhibitionsback to top
- Mirror Mirror: Self-portraits by women artists (12 September 2001 - 20 January 2002)