1 portrait of Paul Ashley Warren Atkinson
by David Wedgbury
cibachrome print, 1965
11 in. x 11 in. (280 mm x 280 mm) image size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- Rodney Terence ('Rod') Argent (1945-), Musician; founding member of The Zombies and Argent. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Paul Ashley Warren Atkinson (1946-2004), Musician; member of The Zombies. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Colin Edward Michael Blunstone (1945-), Singer; member of The Zombies. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Hugh Birch Grundy (1945-), Musician; member of the band The Zombies. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Christopher ('Chris') Taylor White (1943-), Musician, bass guitarist and songwriter for 'The Zombies'. Sitter in 1 portrait.
Artistback to top
- David Wedgbury (1937-1998), Photographer. Artist of 36 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
Events of 1965back to top
Current affairsSir Winston Churchill dies after suffering a stroke at the age of 90. By Royal Decree his body lay in state for three days before he was given a State Funeral (a very rare honour for a non-Royal). Representatives from over 100 countries attended the funeral and thousands of people watched the procession of his coffin down the Thames.
Art and scienceJulie Christie stars in John Schlesinger's film Darling, a film that captures fashionable London in the 1960s, while critiquing the superficiality of the jet-setting society. The film has subsequently been itself criticised for being out-of-touch with the realities of the day.
The Post Office Tower (now the BT tower) opens for use, housing microwave aerials to carry telecommunications traffic from London.