1 portrait of Petrus Fontaureus
after Unknown artist
line engraving, 1608
3 7/8 in. x 14 3/8 in. (99 mm x 365 mm) paper size
Given by the daughter of compiler William Fleming MD, Mary Elizabeth Stopford (née Fleming), 1931
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- Ioannes Baeza (died 1570), Jesuit Missionary. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Marcus Caldeira (died 1570), Jesuit Missionary. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Petrus Fontaureus (died 1570), Jesuit missionary. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Andreas Gonsalvus (died 1570), Jesuit Missionary. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Didacus Perez (died 1570), Jesuit missionary. Sitter in 1 portrait.
Events of 1608back to top
Current affairsElizabeth Talbot, Countess of Shrewsbury, also known as 'Bess of Hardwick' dies; she was one of the wealthiest people in late Elizabethan England, and an important patron of architecture.
Art and scienceThe Masque of Beauty by Benjamin Jonson is performed at the new Banqueting House. Queen Anne and ladies of her court perform the masque in front of the king.
The acting troupe, the Duke of York's Men, is formed under the patronage of eight year old Charles, Duke of York.