1 of 3 portraits of Sir Randolph Crewe (Crew)
by Thomas Cross
line engraving, published 1655
8 1/2 in. x 6 in. (216 mm x 151 mm) paper size
Given by the daughter of compiler William Fleming MD, Mary Elizabeth Stopford, 1931
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- Sir John Clench (circa 1535-1607), Judge. Sitter in 2 portraits.
- Sir Edward Coke (1552-1634), Lawyer, legal writer and politician. Sitter associated with 27 portraits.
- Sir Randolph Crewe (Crew) (baptised 1559-1646), Judge and Speaker of the House of Commons. Sitter associated with 3 portraits.
- Sir George Croke (1560-1642), Judge and law reporter. Sitter associated with 10 portraits.
- Sir Thomas Crompton (1558-1609), Civil lawyer. Sitter in 3 portraits.
- Sir Matthew Hale (1609-1676), Lord Chief Justice. Sitter in 17 portraits.
- Sir Henry Hobart, Bt (circa 1560-1625), Chief Justice of Common Pleas. Sitter in 6 portraits.
- Francis Bacon, 1st Viscount St Alban (1561-1626), Philosopher and Lord Chancellor. Sitter associated with 61 portraits.