by Cornelis Martinus Vermeulen, after Adriaen van der Werff, after Hans Holbein the Younger
line engraving, published 1707
12 1/2 in. x 7 in. (316 mm x 179 mm) plate size; 14 1/2 in. x 9 1/8 in. (368 mm x 233 mm) paper size
Given by Alec Tiranti Ltd, 1959
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Jane Seymour (1508 or 1509-1537), Third Queen of Henry VIII. Sitter associated with 12 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- Hans Holbein the Younger (1497 or 1498-1543). Artist associated with 299 portraits, Sitter in 12 portraits.
- Adriaen van der Werff (1659-1722), Painter, draughtsman, mezzotint engraver and architect. Artist associated with 92 portraits.
- Cornelis Martinus Vermeulen (circa 1644-circa 1708). Artist associated with 18 portraits.
Exhibitions and displays
- Hans Holbein Re-made: Copies and versions of portraits from the Tudor court
Until 31 August
- The Real Tudors: Kings and Queens Rediscovered
From 12 September
- Pictured & Seen
Until 30 November 2015